Tuesday 18 September 2007

9 November is iPhone day


Apple today announced the arrival in the UK next month of what Stuff magazine are calling "the Jesus phone" by which I hope they mean that it is life changing!

Now when it was launched in the USA earlier this year it was "an event" with people queueing around the block etc etc... Those lucky enough to acquire one were the centre of attention and to date 1 million have been sold.

Now it's our turn. O2 will have the network rights, you'll need to sign up for 18 months and it won't be cheap but it will sell and people again will queue.

But I won't. You see I'm happy with my phone, it does all I need it to. (yes I know I'm showing my age) BUT have you seen the iPod Touch. Now that looks like the iPhone, feels like the iPhone and is a better iPod. Now that i might just have to ask Father Christmas for!

Am I alone in that view or by delaying the launch of the iPhone in Europe to after the iPod Touch launch, have Apple reduced demand for it's own product? Bet O2 were happy when the iPod Touch was launched!

1 comment:

Mattyoak said...

A valid point for sure, I was awaiting the launch of the iphone with open arms.

Now its all about the touch

I might have to ask father christmas for one as well *COUGH COUGH*

Beautiful country

 David Batt (no relation to Mike!) is better known as the artist David Sylvian. I use that description deliberately as besides being a singe...