Tuesday 23 October 2007

Matt and Will's big day out

Today the boys & I spent a glorious day in Chichester.

It being half term, I am off all week and as the weather forecast for today was "clear blue skies" we decided that a day out was in order.


Matt now has a paper round delivering the local paper (his second - the first one ended in the newsagents closing down- not his fault!) so we couldn't go until that was completed. Now to me the "local paper" tells me what has happened today, and therefore to discover that it can be delivered at 10am tends to suggest that it wouldn't meet my definition!


Anyway by late morning we were on our way and after a event free 40 minute drive we parked up and were on our "find lunch" hunt. This was completed at The Buttery where we enjoyed Bacon and Cheese ciabattas (Matt & I) and pizza, smiley faces and beans (Will regressing to a 5 year old!) all washed down with pots of tea. (Earl Grey tea apparantly "smells funny")


After a brief trip around the shops we moved on to the cathedral, which in todays bright sunshine looked at it's absolute best, both inside and out. We didn't have to pay to get in (unlike Winchester, which really hacks me off) and the staff inside were really helpful and informative. The star of the show was the cathedral however.










All in all a day to remember.


No comments:

Beautiful country

 David Batt (no relation to Mike!) is better known as the artist David Sylvian. I use that description deliberately as besides being a singe...