Monday 19 November 2007

This Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday, I am appearing in a musical!

My church are putting on a performance of Roger Jones Jailbreak, based on the story of St Paul in Phillippi. I am part of the choir, singing bass, and although I haven't sung like this for years I am enjoying it immensely. Both of my sons are also appearing as actors so it's a family affair. In fact my eldest son will celebrate his 15th birthday by performing in it on Friday.

While the music is not my first choice style wise, there are some beautiful parts and when the choir is in full throttle, it is an amazing feeling.

I have also established that my voice, while not a thing of beauty, can hold a tune, when it tries hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bugger. Why am I out of the country for this?

Beautiful country

 David Batt (no relation to Mike!) is better known as the artist David Sylvian. I use that description deliberately as besides being a singe...