Saturday 7 February 2009

Father, son
















My Dad passed away last Sunday evening after he could no longer fight against the blood disorder he had had for the last eighteen months.

I'll blog after the funeral and thanksgiving service (which is not until Feb 20th - it's a busy time of year!) with my thoughts about how much he meant to us all.

Mum , Jane and I were with him for the last three days of his life and while we all knew how it would end, it was still a time of love and hope.

He's at peace now and while we will all miss him terribly, we couldn't be happy seeing him struggling with the illness that slowly took all his energy. He fought it as much as he could and late last year after a 6 week hospital stay recovered sufficiently to have Christmas and New Year at home with us all.

This week has been hard for us all but has been made so much easier by all the love and kindness we have received. Mum's house looks like a florist and she has more cards than space to display them. The comments about Dad have been truly amazing and on more than one occasion moved me to tears. I have also been very moved by all the cards that my sons and I have received. All the thoughts and prayers have really really helped.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hugs, mate, nothin' but hugs

Veggie Option said...

{{Huge Hugs}}

Beautiful country

 David Batt (no relation to Mike!) is better known as the artist David Sylvian. I use that description deliberately as besides being a singe...