Saturday 1 August 2009

Show me

I'm not sure that Twitter is fully understood as the concept that it is.

Too many cynics are writing it off as a waste of time. The comment most heard is " why do I need to know that so and so has just driven to work". Well true you don't, so don't follow that person. As Twitter gives you the right to follow who you want to then you're in control.

Where it really works however, is in following the news. Most media outlets have a Twitter feed that you can follow. This means that you can keep up todate across a number of websites through Twitter (especially useful if using a phone). The tweet will give you the bullet point headline (& maybe a bit more) with link to the website if you want read the full story.

You do need to review who you follow as some people do tweet too much and can be a pain. But that is easily solved by stopping following them!

After all without Twitter I would never have heard this joke. "my mate's wife has left him. Took his Bob Marley CD's and his satelitte dish - no woman no sky!


-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

Steve G said...

How does Bob Marley like his donuts?

Wi jam in

Beautiful country

 David Batt (no relation to Mike!) is better known as the artist David Sylvian. I use that description deliberately as besides being a singe...