Monday 12 October 2009

Loser in the end

Expenses are something that I have claimed for most of my working life. I have always erred on the side of caution as, to be honest, I was always certain that some kind of banking "big brother" was going to measure how far Wimborne was from Bournemouth and reduce my mileage claim accordingly (or worse....)!!!

I know that some colleagues claim for absolutely everything ( as I'm sure happens in most businesses), BUT the yard-stick for me has been what is reasonable, not what is possible. Sorry but that's just how I am.

Our British Members of Parliament have, however, made claiming expenses an art form whereby our Prime Minister has overclaimed by £12k and thinks that paying it back makes it all ok. The fact that he claimed all that extra money for cleaning and gardening seems to only make it worse. I know that he's far from the only one but he's the PM and if he is not above reproach then hell and handcarts come to mind.

"Sighs deeply"

No comments:

Beautiful country

 David Batt (no relation to Mike!) is better known as the artist David Sylvian. I use that description deliberately as besides being a singe...