Thursday 14 August 2008

Gold

So the Beijing Olympics are in full swing and the four-yearly assault on the BBC schedules means that I'm finding doing anything in the morning a real challenge.

I'm on two weeks holiday at the moment and have my boys staying with me as well, but they are just as hooked as I am.

Over recent mornings we have watched Swimming, Canoeing, Kayaking, Archery, Boxing, Judo, Rowing, Women's Hockey, Beach volleyball (women) and Diving (synchronised)! Oh and Cycling, Tennis, Badminton, Sailing, Gymnastics, Equestrian and football!

I will probably not watch most of them again until London 2012 but who cares it's great.

It certainly has moved on from 1968 when I used to get up early to watch the Mexico games on my parent's black and white TV. Now it's all "red buttons" and websites and even games for the Xbox and Wii.

And the athletics hasn't even started yet!

No comments:

Beautiful country

 David Batt (no relation to Mike!) is better known as the artist David Sylvian. I use that description deliberately as besides being a singe...