Monday 24 March 2008

Sound and Vision

Now this photo may not be the most visually exciting thing you've ever seen, but it could be the most significant addition to my techno world since...well last Saturday when I bought the IPT!

As I write this I'm sat watching "Gavin and Stacey" via the BBC iPlayer on my TV just as if it were being broadcast live! This is streaming via my IPT (which is amazing enough on it's own) and using the Apple Composite AV cable (pictured) is then going into the TV. Picture and sound quality are excellent and as the fourth lead is a usb into the power adapter that comes with it, it's not even using any battery.

The cherry on the top is that although it costs £35 at Apple, I got mine for £20 at Gamestation! Goodness knows why but their loss is my gain.

This simple cable now means that I can buy video (or download video podcasts) off of iTunes (or rent it when they get around to the UK later in the year) and watch it the telly just like a DVD. Or I can use the Youtube link on IPT and watch their footage on the telly!

If everyone else in the world is already doing this then sorry I'm banging on about things you been using for ages but if that is the case why didn't you tell me before????

No comments:

Beautiful country

 David Batt (no relation to Mike!) is better known as the artist David Sylvian. I use that description deliberately as besides being a singe...