Sunday 27 April 2008

Happy Birthday

Will, my youngest son, was 12 yesterday and so this has been a weekend of celebration.

Friday night we went bowling with my work colleagues at Tower Park in Poole. This was the first time that we had done something like this and it was a test that the boys passed with flying colours. They were just themselves and we had a great evening with my bowling even managing to win me both games.

Yesterday we had the traditional present opening and then after breakfast we went to clean the church! (Will was not impressed but as his Mum puts the rota together he couldn't blame me for that one!) This also enabled him to see one set grandparents so that offset the cleaning to a large extent.

Lunch was held at TGI Fridays in Southampton, which was great but I haven't been for a while so when the waitress did her talky bits all I could think of was The Catherine Tate show sketches.

The day finished with a quiz night at Church during which everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to Will who went bright red!

Today was Will's party day! Quaser at 10Pin in Southampton, Will, Matt and 6 of Will's friends with food and cake afterwards. What more could a boy ask for?

Weekends like this are always special.

1 comment:

Steve G said...

Happy belated birthday to our very favourite football nerd!

Stattoooooo, stattooo.....

(I am insanely jealous of his knowledge)

Steve & Lu x

Beautiful country

 David Batt (no relation to Mike!) is better known as the artist David Sylvian. I use that description deliberately as besides being a singe...