Saturday 17 May 2008

Welcome to my nightmare

As Freddie Mercury once sang "It's finally happened..... I'm going slightly mad"

Today, Pompey won the F A Cup and despite my best efforts, I did get to watch most of it.

I help run a Youth Club for 8-12 year olds and this afternoon we took them swimming between 3pm and 5.30pm. This should have meant that I missed the whole game but as the viewing area was as hot as a sauna and there was a Costa coffee at the pool, that's where I took shelter. This, however, had a big screen TV and guess what they were showing?

From what I saw it was a pretty dull game, the winning goal was a goal keeping howler (but Enckelman the Cardiff keeper has form in that particular area) and now Pompey are in next season's UEFA Cup.

My only hope is that Harry Redknapp, the Pompey manager, wakes up tomorrow, thinks he'll never top this achievement (which he won't) and promptly resigns and Pompey appoint Steve McLaren as his replacement.

1 comment:

Steve G said...

There's always a bright spot...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/7408958.stm

If I were the police, I'd be asking the players if they'd been to a pawn shop recently!

Beautiful country

 David Batt (no relation to Mike!) is better known as the artist David Sylvian. I use that description deliberately as besides being a singe...