Saturday 28 March 2009

I want to tell you

Hmmmmm...it's been a while since I sat at my keyboard & wrote something to go on here.

So what's been going on? Well my 50th birthday celebrations actually seemed to last well over a week.

They started on the Friday before with a Chinese meal with friends. It was that night that I learned that this was a "big" birthday and that badges and wacky cards would be the order of the day (I've always tried to duck that sort of thing!!). It was a great evening and got the celebrations off to a good start.

The next day my Sister and her family were staying with Mum so we all went out and had lunch near Romsey. It was the first we had all been out like that without Dad so there was an element of sadness, but I still got presented with chocolate cake with candles.

The Sunday was quieter until the evening, when my friends Steve & Luann, who live in Cincinnati and were over visiting, held their normal "at home" at the King Rufus pub. I went along to see them, but friends we have in common took the chance to bring helium balloons with my age on them! On the actual day (a Monday, which I took off of work)) I had lunch with my Mother and then took my sons for a meal in the evening.

The big finale was on the following Friday, when my friends Diana & Roger kindly hosted a party at their house for me. There were about 40 of us there and yes I added another balloon to my collection. It was another wonderful evening, with DJ Matt providing suitable 70's and 80's music. No Yes though, he drew the line at that! Lots more rude cards, some fine conversation and even some dancing (of the Dad variety).

The final post script was last Sunday, when at church, before the service I received my third and final balloon!!

In between all that has been work (challenging to say the least) and dealing with Dad's estate which is nowhere near a conclusion and will need a few more hours yet! Why are tax forms so confusing?

No comments:

Beautiful country

 David Batt (no relation to Mike!) is better known as the artist David Sylvian. I use that description deliberately as besides being a singe...