Monday 28 July 2008

The Unforgetable Fire

Sadly it will a long time before my family (as pictured Dad, Sister and Mum) will be able to repeat this photo. This was taken on the Pier at Weston-Super-Mare and today it caught fire and the Pavilion was completely destroyed.

Every time I go to stay with my sister, I always have a big bag of coin as we normally end up on the pier and the boys like to play the machines, housed in the Pavilion. This ritual, will for the foreseeable future, have to be put on hold. It's very sad to see a pier on fire, sadder still when you know it very well and can picture it as soon as you hear the first radio report.

For the people of Weston tonight will be a strange evening as part of the main focus of the town will be a smouldering wreck. I hope they have the fight to restore it to it's former state.

No comments:

Beautiful country

 David Batt (no relation to Mike!) is better known as the artist David Sylvian. I use that description deliberately as besides being a singe...