...is my first love! Like most people my buying pattern has changed over the years. First it was vinyl, then cassettes, then CD's and now mainly downloads. My online store of choice is iTunes, but on Wednesday a new online store opened to give Apple a real threat to it's market leading position.
The new player is Amazon, who now sell MP3's on line and unlike iTunes they have MP3's from all the major labels. They also have a handy little download tool, which automatically adds the purchased music to your iTunes library, with no additional effort required. It's very impressive! It's also very impressive that they have new release albums for £3, I presume that the low pricing is for this week only to encourage us all to give it a go, but it's a really good idea and I guess numerous copies of the new Take That album will be purchased for £3!!
Monopolies are always dangerous, so a real alternative can only be good for the choice (and price) of downloads going forward.
Friday, 5 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Goodbye yellow brick road
In the early 20th century Jersey had two railways, one on the east of the Island (St Helier to Gorey) and one on the west (St Helier to Cor...
-
Yesterday I bought one of these, a Revo "bLik" radio station, which there's not much it doesn't do, apart maybe from make ...
-
If you drew a Venn diagram of two groups comprising "People born in the 50's" and "People who have not had their 50 th...
-
The global banking crisis is effecting everybody it appears and I have tried twice to write a blog that expresses my feelings..but nothing I...
No comments:
Post a Comment